We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to join out Vernon Pharmacy Team; one who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance his/her career.
This position is located in Vernon Jubilee Hospital where emphasis is on providing direct patient care and pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and residential care environment. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, this position assesses and recommends individualized treatments. Acts as the primary resource for drug information, education and provides expert advice to health care professionals. Monitors drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
• Practices patient-centered care by monitoring the medical condition(s) and total on-going drug therapy for issues.
• Communicates pertinent findings and recommendations to appropriate healthcare practitioners. Maintains appropriate documentation in the patient health record or computerized records.
• Interprets medication orders, enters them in the computer database and dispenses prescriptions.
• Identifies and assists in the resolution of drug therapy problems. Consults with physicians and offers alternatives and obtains clarification for all questionable orders.
• Checks medication orders ensuring compliance with medication policy decisions.
• Acts as an internal resource person by providing drug information, consultative and other support services to medical, nursing, pharmacy and other health care professionals.
• Conducts patient counselling and patient education regarding drug therapy.
Community Profile: Vernon (population: 38,968) rests at the north end of the Okanagan Valley in a landscape as welcoming as its people. Surrounded by rolling grasslands with rocky outcrops and stands of ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, its three lakes and mountain views in every direction command attention. Nature remains Vernon's biggest asset. Famous champagne powder at Silver Star Mountain Resort attracts skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers and snowmobilers. In summer, myriad hiking and cycling trails explore every area from the historic Grey Canal within the city to the nearby provincial parks and the rugged Monashee Mountain Range. Mountain biking is also a big draw at Silver Star.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
• Caring for every patient through appropriate, timely, and safe medication management.
• Leadership committed to appropriate medication management and service excellence to our patients and health care teams.
• Communication, teamwork, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and respect.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills.
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists.
• Continuous educational opportunities.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• Excellent vacation entitlement.
• Relocation Allowance.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.