Are you a motivated Community Health Worker looking for a rewarding career working with the elderly? Do you enjoy living in a picturesque community with immense recreational activities?
As the Community Health Worker you will provide home support services to clients by assisting with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming and oral hygiene while promoting maximum independence. You will perform delegated tasks according to written procedures for which training has been completed and in accordance with the Interior Health Personal Assistance Guidelines such as:
• Perform and/or assist clients with ambulation and/or transfers utilizing mechanical aids when designated.
• Perform and/or assist clients with procedures such as medication regimes, non-sterile dressing application, exercise programs, application and removal of prosthetic devices, assisting with ventilation devices and bronchial hygiene techniques etc., in accordance with the Interior Health Personal Assistance Guidelines.
• Support the individual’s right to independence, privacy and dignity by assisting with tasks or portion of tasks, only to the degree needed.
• Demonstrate and provide information to clients’ related to their personal care, nutrition, activation and self help skills.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hrs/week.