Do you have your Pharmacy Technician certificate and are registrated as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia?
The Pharmacy Technician operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and the scope of practice and standards of practice as outlined by the College of Pharmacists of BC, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
As well the Pharmacy Technician will,
• processes medication orders that are clinically reviewed for therapeutic appropriateness and approved by a Pharmacist.
• receives verbal and non-verbal prescriptions from practitioners and ensures that prescriptions are complete and authentic.
• prepares, processes and compounds prescriptions.
• ensures the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
• processes prescriptions for temporary inpatient leaves of absence.
• transfers prescriptions to and receives prescriptions from other pharmacies.
• enters and ensures the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the Pharmacy information system.
• maintains stock levels and performs clerical duties as assigned.