We are seeking a Clinical Practice Leader of Pharmacy to lead our Vernon Pharmacy Team; one who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance his/her career.
This position is located in Vernon Jubilee Hospital where emphasis is on supervising and coordinating clinical activities of pharmacists to provide pharmaceutical care in accordance with the departmental and facility policies, standards, procedures and objectives in accordance with Provincial and Federal laws. This position is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of practice standards and procedures for clinical pharmacists within the assigned practice area(s).
In addition, this person will be a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in an assigned practice area(s) and act as a clinical pharmacy resource by providing consultation services to internal and external health care professionals and organizations in the pharmacotherapy related to their assigned practice area(s). Develops, plans, organizes and evaluates clinical programs, quality assurance activities, administrative support, teaching, and research activities, and provides and oversees the provision of pharmaceutical care relating to the pharmacotherapy of patients. This pharmacist will support departmental and regional pharmacy initiatives through collaboration with local and regional pharmacy leaders and managers, intensivists, respirologists and nursing leaders to achieve overall goals and objectives
Community Profile: Vernon (population: 38,968) rests at the north end of the Okanagan Valley in a landscape as welcoming as its people. Surrounded by rolling grasslands with rocky outcrops and stands of ponderosa pine and Douglas fir, its three lakes and mountain views in every direction command attention. Nature remains Vernon's biggest asset. Famous champagne powder at Silver Star Mountain Resort attracts skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers and snowmobilers. In summer, myriad hiking and cycling trails explore every area from the historic Grey Canal within the city to the nearby provincial parks and the rugged Monashee Mountain Range. Mountain biking is also a big draw at Silver Star.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
• Caring for every patient through appropriate, timely, and safe medication management.
• Leadership committed to appropriate medication management and service excellence to our patients and health care teams.
• Communication, teamwork, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and respect.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills.
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists.
• Continuous educational opportunities.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• Excellent vacation entitlement.
• Relocation Allowance.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.