We are seeking a Clinical Practice Leader of Pharmacy to lead our Kelowna Pharmacy Team; one who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance his/her career.
This position is located in Kelowna General Hospital, where in concert with the Professional Practice Leader, supervises and coordinates clinical activities of the pharmacists to provide pharmaceutical care in accordance with the departmental and facility policies, standards, procedures and objectives in accordance with Provincial and Federal laws. This position is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of practice standards and procedures for clinical pharmacists within Kelowna General Hospital and Residential sites.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops, promotes, and implements patient-centered clinical pharmacy programs within Central Okanagan sites.
• Supervises and acts as a clinical pharmacy resource and provides professional guidance and support to clinical pharmacists.
• In conjunction with the local and regional Pharmacy Leaders and Managers, contributes to the development and implementation of clinical decision tools.
• Contributes to the Pharmacy Residency Program by working with the Professional Practice Leader to provide suitable clinical practice settings for training of residents at Central Okanagan sites.
• Supports the professional growth and development of the Clinical Pharmacists through educational programs, in-services, workshops, and mentoring.
• Monitors key indicators of quality and safety to ensure compliance with established standards (e.g. College of Pharmacists). In conjunction with the Professional Practice Leader, coordinates pharmacy quality improvement initiatives.
• Monitors practice trends and identifies changing patient care and treatment needs within the hospital and residential sites. Promotes, leads, and evaluates initiatives related to clinical pharmacy services based on current evidence and local needs and opportunities.
• Monitors drug utilization trends and assists the Professional Practice Leader in developing clinical strategies for the safe, effective, and cost-sensitive use of drugs.
• Maintains an active clinical practice and provision of pharmaceutical care in designated area of specialty.
• Designs, coordinates and actively participates in publication and research activities in areas related to clinical pharmacy practice (e.g. case reports, case series, observational studies, etc.) and provide guidance to staff and students relating to research activities. Where applicable, submits research results for internal and/or external publication in a professional journal. Utilizes proven, effective strategies to translate findings into practice improvements.
• Identify personal continuing education needs and maintain competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars and available educational offerings.
Community Profile: Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving City of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
• Caring for every patient through appropriate, timely, and safe medication management.
• Leadership committed to appropriate medication management and service excellence to our patients and health care teams.
• Communication, teamwork, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and respect.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills.
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists.
• Continuous educational opportunities.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• Excellent vacation entitlement.
• Relocation Allowance.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.