We are seeking a Pharmacist to join out Kelowna General Hospital Pharmacy Team; one who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and readily available for casual employment.
This position is located in Kelowna General Hospital where emphasis is on providing direct patient care and pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and residential care environment. This position is responsible for providing drug distribution services and pharmaceutical care to acute care in-patients, facility residents, and select out-patient populations.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures accurate and complete interpretation and input of medication orders into the patient/resident's profile.
• Monitors medication orders for possible drug-related problems, interacting with medical and nursing staff as required to ensure positive patient outcomes, providing documentation of same in the patient/resident record.
• Monitors and checks the production and dispensing of medication doses to ensure timely and appropriate delivery to wards.
• Oversees technician work and activity according to established standards.
• Provides pharmaceutical care to patients and residents on assigned wards.
• Participates in multi-disciplinary care rounds as requested, providing input into the optimal use and outcome of drug therapy.
• Acts as the ward or program liaison, providing a communication link between the program and the Pharmacy Department.
• Provides guidance and expertise in the safe and efficient handling of I.V. mixtures for the facility.
• Provides educational in-servicing to staff and patients, including medication counselling to patients or residents at discharge.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
• Caring for every patient through appropriate, timely, and safe medication management.
• Leadership committed to appropriate medication management and service excellence to our patients and health care teams.
• Communication, teamwork, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and respect.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills.
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists.
• Continuous educational opportunities.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.