Kamloops is located in a scenic valley in BC’s Thompson Okanagan Region at the junction of the North and South Thompson Rivers. It is British Columbia’s third largest city. Residents of this dynamic and growing community enjoy a unique combination of urban amenities and stunning natural surroundings. Golf courses, numerous parks, fishing, water sports, skiing, and mountain biking are among the numerous recreational activities enjoyed by residents.
The Director is responsible for the overall development, leadership and management of the clinical services at Royal Inland Hospital in order to support effective patient care management. This position enables the daily operations for program/service areas by establishing the operational framework and infrastructure needed to support service delivery and plans, allocates and manages all human, financial and capital resources. With a strong focus on quality improvement, this position leads and supports the continuous improvement of care processes within assigned portfolio. The Director works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers in identifying services delivery models and processes to ensure seamless integration of services.
Included in the duties and responsibilities:
1. Develops policies and strategies that ensure integrated and sustainable services consistent with the established priorities and the vision, values and strategic direction of the organization.
2. Enables an operational framework for staffing and care delivery approaches through collaborative partnerships that support patient safety, best practices, improved patient access and effective flow of patients across the care continuum.
3. Develops and effectively manages capital and operating budgets that complement strategic directions within existing fiscal constraints.
4. Establishes and effective workforce plan in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders that ensure the ongoing availability of qualified and technically competent staff within the context of operational demands and resource constraints.
5. Ensure clear performance objectives and indicators are in place to assess the delivery of services within the acute care service areas.
6. Creates a collaborative workplace that encourages employees to realize their maximum potential, fosters personal growth and promotes a sense of community, autonomy and decision-making at the point of care and service.
7. Fosters strategic and working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify and plan responsive delivery systems and services and to discuss and resolve issues related to same, in support of the effective and efficient integration of healthcare services and resources throughout the organization.
8. Ensure compliance with legislation and safety standards to provide a health and safe environment for patients and staff.
9. Establishes effective administrative systems for maintaining, evaluating and reporting on the operation of the portfolio in areas such as portfolio reports, quality improvements and project activities.
10. Provides overall leadership and direction for operation staff that supports the achievement of required outcomes and ensures adherence to accreditation, regulatory, professional and safety standards.