Are you a motivated Community Health Worker looking for a rewarding career working with the elderly? Do you enjoy living in a picturesque community with immense recreational activities?
Known as the “Rafting Capital of Canada,” the village of Lytton is located on a bench of land in the spectacular Fraser Canyon of southwestern British Columbia, with scenic views of the juncture of the Thompson and Fraser Rivers. The dry climate, relaxing lifestyle and affordable housing of the area attracts retirees and young families. With employment opportunities at the local sawmill, government agencies and in education, the community has grown in recent years. In addition to rafting, recreational opportunities in the area include fishing, swimming, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
As the Community Health Worker you will provide home support services to clients by assisting with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming and oral hygiene while promoting maximum independence. You will perform delegated tasks according to written procedures for which training has been completed and in accordance with the Interior Health Personal Assistance Guidelines such as:
• Perform and/or assist clients with ambulation and/or transfers utilizing mechanical aids when designated.
• Perform and/or assist clients with procedures such as medication regimes, non-sterile dressing application, exercise programs, application and removal of prosthetic devices, assisting with ventilation devices and bronchial hygiene techniques etc., in accordance with the Interior Health Personal Assistance Guidelines.
• Support the individual’s right to independence, privacy and dignity by assisting with tasks or portion of tasks, only to the degree needed.
• Demonstrate and provide information to clients’ related to their personal care, nutrition, activation and self help skills.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hrs/week.